All works that appear on this website do so with the consent of the copyright holder. No image or information displayed on this site may be reproduced, transmitted or copied other than for the purpose of fair dealing (Copyright Act 1968) without the permission of the copyright holders and the UQ Art Museum.
How to obtain copyright
To reproduce works featured in this website and works held in The University of Queensland Art Collection, permission must be obtained both from UQ Art Museum and the copyright holder. It is your responsibility to obtain permission from the copyright holder before a reproduction of any work or any other content is made. Failure to do this will constitute an infringement of copyright.
1. Contact the Art Museum’s Senior Registrar with the details of your request. The request will be presented for approval to the Director of UQ Art Museum.
2. If approved the Senior Registrar will supply you with the conditions and reproduction fees, and assist you to contact the copyright holder.
3. Seek written permission from the copyright holder indicating how the artwork will be reproduced.
4. A copy of this permission must be forwarded to UQ Art Museum before the relevant photographic material, and attribution details will be released.
Telephone +61 7 3365 9004
The University of Queensland Art Museum
The University of Queensland
Brisbane Qld 4072 Australia
Unauthorised publication or reproduction of any part of this website is specifically prohibited. Contravention is an infringement of the Australian Copyright Act 1968.
Reproductions of UQ Art Museum’s works of art must be correctly and adequately acknowledged with the captions provided by UQ Art Museum. For Indigenous works, this may include the artist and community.
Works must be reproduced appropriately and with due consideration for the artist’s honour and reputation. A failure to comply with these conditions may constitute an infringement of a copyright holder’s moral rights.
This website contains copyrighted materials and artworks. UQ Art Museum respects the intellectual property rights of artists and has taken reasonable efforts to ensure the full consent of all copyright holders. UQ Art Museum accepts no responsibility for images reproduced without a copyright holder’s permission.
Collection Outgoing Loans Procedure
The UQ Art Museum supports the loan of artworks from The University of Queensland Art Collection. This document is a guide for borrowers and helps explain the procedures for requesting loans and the conditions under which an artwork may be borrowed.
- View the Collections Outgoing Loans Procedure here
The growth, management, and presentation of The University of Queensland Art Collection is central to the operations of the Art Museum. Two key University policies deal directly with how the Art Museum and the Collection operate.